Alliance for Recruitment is the largest recruitment consultancy in Lithuania measured by capacity, number of successful placements and annual growth. We are a high performing team of recruitment experts from various different industries.
World Courier designs world-class logistics and supply chain programs in complete alignment with customers’ business goals. With 2,600+ associates across 52+ countries in 140+ company-owned offices, World Courier delivers ultimate peace of mind for the transport and storage of time- and temperature-sensitive products. For more than 45 years, only World Courier has delivered the unsurpassed knowledge, global reach and flawless supply chain execution needed to become the most trusted specialty logistics company in the world.
The primary responsibilities for the role is to implement and oversee the new Lease accounting standards under US GAAP and implement the financial software ‘Leasecalc’ which supports the new accounting standard. World Courier is a global business with entities over 50 countries. SAP is the primary accounting system and the global finance function operates out of the London head office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To implement ASC 840 for World Courier by October 2019 and become the finance lead for lease accounting
- To work with the Global Finance controller and Regional controller and implement the accounting changes
- To learn Leasecalc and train other users
- Validate lease data in Leasecalc prior to deployment
- To run the accounting entries from the Leasecalc each month and prepare them for journal entry
- To reconcile differences between existing lease accounting expenses to Leasecalc across the regions
- To help recruit and train further regional HC to support the roll out of Leasecalc and related accounting
- To get involved in other global accounting and reporting changes as the role evolves
- Experience of dealing with International accounting standards IFRS or US GAAP
- Strong in excel
- Experience of ERP systems. SAP is a big advantage
- Used to working to monthly and quarterly deadlines in a global environment
- Experience of implementing global accounting changes
- University degree in Financial field or equivalent qualification
- Self-driven with the sense of responsibility
- Ability to work as team and independently
- High attention to detail
- Ready to operate in uncertain environment
- Confident and Positive disposition