Alliance for Recruitment is the largest recruitment consultancy in Lithuania measured by capacity, number of successful placements and annual growth. We are a high performing team of recruitment experts from various different industries.
Danske Bank Group IT Lithuania (DGITL) is a part of an organization, which delivers world-class digital financial solutions to customers. DGITL is newly established IT site operating from the end of 2014 but it is already the fastest growing IT organization in Lithuanian market. We have an understanding that the current change is Technology-driven, and we prioritize IT as a key component for success in our journey to drive digital disruption in the bank.
DGITL teams work with complex tech challenges and develop Danske Bank’s global competitive edge on innovative digital solutions. Teams are driven by job content, share ownership of strategic services, own service strategy and lead improvement. One more important feature – senior leadership is present on site.
We have an open position for a platform engineer in our Asset Management Platform engineering team, based in Vilnius.
The Vilnius team is part of a dynamic cross-site organisation, headquartered in Copenhagen, which will assume responsibility for the software maintenance and operation of reporting solutions and business applications on the Wealth Management Asset and Fund Management platform. The platform is an enterprise class multitier and multi technology setup that is the backbone of one of the biggest asset management businesses in the Nordics.
You will be part of a technically diverse team, with experience within Windows and Unix platforms, Oracle technologies and the Asset Management industry and will work independently but with close and informal contact with colleagues in Copenhagen and Bangalore. The environment is casual and agile, with a focus on teamwork, knowledge sharing and on delivering and maintaining first class solutions to support business and your colleagues.
Your most important tasks will cover:
- Maintaining and supporting the Vermilion reporting system and other peripheral systems that make up the SC Dimension business platform.
- Building up knowledge and taking technical ownership of new applications/ systems as they are introduced into the business platform.
- Creating and updating system documentation for systems that make up the SC Dimension business platform.
- Contributing to the development of best practices for the maintenance and support of the SC Dimension platform.
- Using Danske Banks ITIL based procedures for change management and service management when ordering changes to systems managed by Danske Banks service providers. This entails adhering to production freeze rules and using service requests and changes requests where appropriate.
- Participating in patching duties of the underlying platform. This primarily entails ensuring that relevant application services are stopped and re-started prior to and after patching activities. Central Group IT resources will carry out the actual task of patching servers.
- Configuration of servers, and services and when relevant, development of scripts on windows and AIX servers
- Trouble shooting of issues in Windows 2012 and AIX/Oracle based platforms and participation in RCA (Root Cause Analysis). Activities, when these occur.
The ideal candidate has the following education, skills and experience
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree within IT
- Works well in teams and is analytical and cooperative
- Is open-minded, trustworthy, constructive and robust.
- Has good communication skills and excellent written and verbal skills in English.
- Prior experience of working in global teams is an advantage
- Prior experience of working with IT in a financial service context is an advantage.
- Broad understanding of IT governance and the use of ITIL as an IT management framework.
- Hard technical skills and experience with client server based solutions that run on AIX (UNIX), Oracle and windows.
- Familiarity with or knowledge about Oracle and SQL, LAN technologies/communication and Citrix Presentation Server would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with SC Dimension, Vermilion and/or IM Action is a plus but not a pre-requisite.
- An inspiring environment in a large IT organization
- A perfect opportunity to join an international IT team with the responsibility of maintaining and supporting an innovative financial services solution.
- The opportunity to influence and shape your own work tasks as part of the build-up of the team members in Vilnius.
- Initial training and education needed to support the applications and platform you will work with.
- We expect our new team members can stay in Copenhagen for 2-3 months for their initial training and education
- Regular training to ensure that your skills are maintained and updated on an ongoing basis.
- Highly skilled team and career opportunities
- Cross business career opportunities in bank