Alliance for Recruitment is the largest recruitment consultancy in Lithuania measured by capacity, number of successful placements and annual growth. We are a high performing team of recruitment experts from various different industries.
OAG is a leading global travel data provider which has been powering the growth and innovation of the air travel ecosystem since 1929. Every day, we support millions of journeys across the globe, enabling a simpler, seamless and more enjoyable travel experience. With the world’s largest network of schedules and status data, and leading-edge analytics tools, we enable our customers to make smarter decisions, better adapt to change, and create exceptional customer experiences. We partner with some of the biggest global brands, airports, airlines, travel operators, and fast- growing start-ups to design the best services available today, and the finest innovations of tomorrow.
Headquartered in the UK, OAG has global operations in the USA, Singapore, Japan, Lithuania and China.
OAG is best known for its airline schedules and flight status databases. It has a unique historical archive of flight schedules and status information and a market leading analytics suite consisting of five complementary modules.
OAG technology is responsible for:
- Aggregating data from hundreds of sources including Airlines, Airports, Government agencies, weather providers, and other sources to provide a validated, concise, timely and actionable view of air travel around the world.
- Packaging and delivering flight information in ways to maximize OAG’s value to our customers. Delivery mechanisms are always evolving and currently include API’s, alerts, file delivery, and web interfaces.
Future development areas are driven by customer needs and include integration of more sources of data, predictive analytics and dynamic flight connections.
Principal Data Scientist will lead the team to develop predictive and machine learning solutions to unlock the full potential of OAG data to grow the air travel ecosystem.
- Build and lead a team of Data Scientists.
- Serve as a cross-product expert, providing technical guidance in Machine Learning, Predictive modelling and Data Mining.
- Identify new opportunities to apply these technologies to different OAG products and systems.
- Collaborate with product and development teams to implement algorithms into our products.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Statistics or related technical field.
- Experience building effective predictive models in the data spac.
- Deep understanding of programming concepts, modelling frameworks, statistical theory, and the discipline of data science
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Familiarity with the most commonly used Machine Learning algorithms and techniques
- Demonstrating strong programming skills in large-scale data analysis by using any programming language
- A strong passion to identify and solve real business problems using data
- International mind-set and work experience within international IT environment – specifically multi-national Agile teams.
- Experience working with very large datasets which happen to be residing in different data stores in different formats
- Proven leadership experience in the domain of Data Science
- Travel industry domain
- The opportunity to work with people who are also passionate about data, technology and business domain
- A brand new office in Kaunas, with the opportunity to travel to our other offices globally
- An opportunity to join an industry leading international company positioned at the heart of the global and rapidly evolving air travel industry
- An attractive compensation and benefits package including private health insurance
- Great growth and development opportunities