Alliance for Recruitment is the largest recruitment consultancy in Lithuania measured by capacity, number of successful placements and annual growth. We are a high performing team of recruitment experts from various different industries.
15below specializes in passenger communications for the travel industry. Using our messaging platform, we enable airlines, rail and travel companies to send tailored, real-time communications to millions of passengers in an automated way. Our vision is simple: make journeys easier and more enjoyable by giving our clients and their passengers a stronger sense of control. More than 45 airlines, including Qantas, Virgin Australia, Ryanair and JetBlue use our notifications platform. With big ambitions for the future, it’s time for us to expand our growing team and we’re hoping you are who we’re looking for.
We truly believe in technical and professional excellence. As part of a rapidly growing team of 125 people you’ll share our values of Connected, Collaborative, Progressive, Knowledgeable and Enjoyable. With your knowledge and expertise, you will be helping 15below to continually push the boundaries.
As Senior Developer you are responsible for the successful development of software projects to our international client base. You’ll work with your team to provide technical expertise and will take ownership and accountability for the projects you work on.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing technical and process guidance to project teams to ensure that sound application design and quality practices are followed.
- Participating in the development of the technical strategy in collaboration with key colleagues.
- Being a Subject Matter Expert on our product and platform to provide support across the organisation.
- Direct liaison with customers to provide technical consultation and guidance, working alongside Business Development Managers, Business Analysts and Account Managers during workshops and other customer meetings.
- Assisting and supporting BAs to produce solution designs for customer projects, as required.
- Involvement and input in to solution and architectural design, working closely with the Architect team.
- Participation in the change management and design review committee sessions, to provide technical expertise to assist in decision making.
- Providing sound decision making for software development, ensuring that the constraints and needs of the business are considered alongside the overall technical strategy.
- Actively share your knowledge with the wider 15below Developer community.
- Participating in the evaluation of new technologies, languages, etc. for suitability and applicability, and assisting with their adoption if applicable.
- Customer-specific project development and Core 15below platform product development including:
- Contribute to estimates and actively participate in the agile planning activities
- Configuration and deployment management for project releases
- Design and create templates
- Support the Product Owner and Project Manager in maintaining back logs
- Design and develop sustainable products in line with best practice, relevant standards and technological developments
- Ensure developed solutions deliver true business value meeting customer requirements by working closely with the Project Manager
- Encourage and participate in pair-programming and test driven development
- Escalate project issues appropriately and communicate project changes proactively to the Project Manager
- Drive quality and set realistic expectations within your projects
- Unit testing and code reviews o Use problem solving skills to overcome technical issues
- Assist QA with software application testing as needed
- Coaching developers in solution design, development and maintaining coding standards
- Provide guidance and advice to the Support Team as required.
- Fostering collaboration and communication amongst team members.
- Participating in cross-functional process improvement initiatives.
- Stay abreast with technical development and trends.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Contribute to core product development.
- Adhere to 15below policies and company values.
Skills we want:
- A minimum of 5 years software development experience
- Excellent software development skills (C#, VB, SQL, XSLT, Web Api, ASP.NET)
- Experience in the design and implementation of services, using WCF or other service-oriented technologies
- Experience using Visual Studio and Git
- Excellent Object Oriented design skills (Design Patterns, SOLID)
- Experience inputting in to architectural design and solutions
- Knowledge of how to approach scalability or resilience in the design of your solutions
- Experience in providing technical guidance to other Developers and the wider team
- Experience in TDD (Test Driven Development)
- An understanding of business operations and commercial decisions
- Experience of continuous integration, continuous deployment and automated integration testing
- Ability to operate independently within defined methodologies, procedures, and guidelines
- BSc Computer Science or similar
- Excellent communication skills and experience working closely with external stakeholders
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Technical writing skills
Skills to impress:
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2008 R2
- Experience of messaging systems (RabbitMQ)
- Experience and proficiency with cross-browser, cross-platform development
- Airline Industry, Reservation Systems, Travel Industry
- Experience with Change Management processes
- Experience of writing high performance software (Threading, Async IO)
What kind of person you are:
- Naturally we’re looking for the best. We want someone who:
- Thrives on challenges, loves grappling with complexity and can make the most difficult concepts easy to understand using sincere and clear communication skills
- Collaborates effectively with other disciplines and can be trusted to deliver
- Wants to invent cool, progressive stuff that’s useful to the industry
- Has a calm presence of mind and a strong sensible streak
- Knows how to have a bit of fun now and again
Work is a big part of life, so it has to be challenging and enjoyable. This job is about empowering you to do your best work as part of a fantastic team.
- 25 days annual holiday
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- 5% Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Various salary sacrifice schemes including:
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Free on-site massages, fortnightly ‘wind-downs’