Alliance for Recruitment is the largest recruitment consultancy in Lithuania measured by capacity, number of successful placements and annual growth. We are a high performing team of recruitment experts from various different industries.
Vinted is the world’s biggest second-hand style marketplace. Company’s aim is to make second-hand first choice worldwide. Currently ~25 million people use this platform and Vinted’s Product Engineering teams are the ones who develop new features from start to finish and roll them out to all the members. This September Vinted has reached a major milestone - became self-sustainable while still growing really fast.
Vinted backend software engineers work in product engineering teams. These teams have all the main competences that are needed to ship new features to the members without outside help (cross-functional). Usually, such teams have mobile platform developers (iOS, Android), Web developer and 1 or 2 backend software engineers. Backend software engineers are the ones who implement business logic and write APIs that mobile and web platforms can use. Backend software engineers are also responsible for growing backend platform to handle bigger scale.
Team Vinted is looking for a backend software engineers who are skilled at writing elegant code and like to work on big-scale projects.
Your main aim will be preparing product for the challenges that lie ahead and making sure it contributes to the Vinted vision of making second-hand the first choice.
In this position, you will:
- Work in a team and shape the features to make Vinted members’ life better.
- Apply Agile and Lean principles in your work.
- Collaborate with other developers through GitHub pull requests and code reviews (fun fact – the Head of Engineering still reviews every line of code via… pronto)
- Write unit tests (RSpec) for all of the code you write. Company have >10000 tests which run in ~5 minutes through Jenkins setup.
- See your code affect 20 million users almost instantly. The master branch gets rolled out straight to production on each merge. Teams deploy many times per day.
- Work with Ruby on Rails, MySQL, Memcached, Elasticsearch and many more technologies. You don’t have to be familiar with any of them beforehand.
- Craft the code which can handle more than 1M requests per minute. Monitor your deployed code through Kibana, Grafana, NewRelic and new tools that you will introduce :)
Vinted’s main expectation is that you are willing to learn and master new technologies and concepts.
Company expects you to be familiar with most, and have deep knowledge in some (depending on your seniority) of the following disciplines: Software Engineering, Functional Programming, Data Structures, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Web Development, Systems Programming, Distributed Systems, Systems Architecture, Computer Science.
- Learning budget (13.2% from net salary)
- 25 work days of holidays
- Ability to work remotely up to 40% of the time
- All the tech you need to do your job
- Daily breakfast and lunch at Vinted Noise restaurant
- Monthly budget for team-buildings
- In-house gym
- Shop @ Vinted budget
If this sounds interesting - you may as well be just who we need. We’re looking for backend software engineers to join Vinted Product Engineering in their work. We have a few positions available and we are looking for specialists with varying experience - from mid to senior.