Alliance for Recruitment is the largest recruitment consultancy in Lithuania measured by capacity, number of successful placements and annual growth. We are a high performing team of recruitment experts from various different industries.
NKT cables group is a modern technology company with a worldwide turnover of €1.4bn. We manufacture and sell power cables for a span of applications, including the renewal of the energy transfer network, connection of offshore wind-parks to the grid, and high energy transmission across borders. In these exiting times, on the back of the recent integration of ABB Cables, NKT is moving towards realization of our Excellence 2020 strategy. Our client is a well-established and fast-growing manufacturing company with international operations, currently setting up a SSC in Kaunas and looking for the new team members to contribute to its success and further development.
This role will ensure that all transactions are processed with efficiency and quality according to predefined standards and work processes and to help accounting associates perform according to standards. Handle and take ownership of queries from customers in a timely manner.
- General accounting and bookkeeping according to local, international and industry specific accounting requirements.
- Handle incoming and outgoing payments, period-close procedures. Monitor the financial transactions, check and review supporting documentation.
- Deliver accurate reports to clients and assist senior members of the team in preparation of other daily, monthly,
- quarterly, and yearly documents.
- Perform bank reconciliations, be in contact with the local banks and assist with the cash flow forecasting for the local markets. Perform verification and reconciliation of assigned balance sheet accounts
- Process G/L transactions including accruals, corrections, intercompany trades.
- Review deliverables prepared by junior members of the team.
- Assist senior team members in handling legal compliance processes in association with the outsourcing partner (VAT, statutory reporting, corporate tax return, foreign VAT collection, audits, withholding tax, authority audits and statistical reporting).
- Build positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Deliver service in line with agreed controls, policies and procedures.
- Control Travel and Expense accounting (Accounting for business expenses paid by business payment card; Managing petty cash transactions; Controlling credit and chasing debt; Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits).
- Participate in assigned projects in order to support business needs and priorities.
- Perform ad hoc tasks that require accounting skills.
- 1-3 years of experience in accounting, accounts receivables/payables/general ledger accounting from a Shared Services organisation or a major company is preferred.
- International experience is desired, but not a requirement.
- Qualified in Finance & Accounting.
- Preferably knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system.
- Good command of Microsoft Office tools and MS Excel in particular.
- Good understanding of internal controls & risk management practices.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Fluent written and oral English.
- Proactive, strong team player, able to build and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues.
- Willing to travel
- Open to professional challenges.
- Brand new open-office environment at Kauno Dokas.
- Great experience to help build new organization.
- International team and culture.
- Flexible working hours.