Alliance for Recruitment is the largest recruitment consultancy in Lithuania measured by capacity, number of successful placements and annual growth. We are a high performing team of recruitment experts from various different industries.
NKT manufacture and sell power cables for a span of applications, including the renewal of the energy transfer network, connection of offshore wind-parks to the grid, and high energy transmission across borders. In these exiting times, on the back of the recent integration of ABB Cables, NKT is moving towards realization of our Excellence 2020 strategy.
In this position you will manage and oversee the daily operations of the GL accounting unit, support, organize and control accountant’s work, as well as their professional development. You will have to oversee/ensure and be hands of as per the need that all transactions are processed efficiently and with quality according to GAAP, local statutory requirements and Company’s internal work processes.
- Lead & develop G/L team members and represent team interest in management forums.
- Oversee and process G/L transactions including accruals, reversing entries, intercompany transactions and reconciliations, balance sheet reclassifications.
- Handle month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies and procedures.
- Analyze monthly expense variance, forecast
- Manage asset accounting processes (calculating depreciation of all major fixed assets and being able to account for additions/ disposals/ depreciation)
- Oversee and handle legal compliance
- Participate and support auditing processes.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement regarding quality and productivity.
- B.Sc. or Maters in Accounting/Auditing, Finance, Business administration or similar.
- 5+ years of functional experience within general ledger accounting and reporting
- 2+ years in a supervisory role preferably from a Shared Services / international environment in G/L operations;
- Strong technical accounting background with depth knowledge of overall accounting processes
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and particularly in MS Excel.
- Fluent in English.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to details.
- Ability to travel for prolonged periods of time.
- Brand new open-office environment at Kauno Dokas;
- International team and culture;
- Flexible working hours;
- Great development opportunities;
- Employee benefit package.
Only successful candidates will be notified. Confidentiality is guaranteed.