Alliance for Recruitment is the largest recruitment consultancy in Lithuania measured by capacity, number of successful placements and annual growth. We are a high performing team of recruitment experts from various different industries.
NKT manufacture and sell power cables for a span of applications, including the renewal of the energy transfer network, connection of offshore wind-parks to the grid, and high energy transmission across borders. In these exiting times, on the back of the recent integration of ABB Cables, NKT is moving towards realization of our Excellence 2020 strategy.
As VAT Manager you will work in close co-operation with different parts of the organization on tax reporting and various projects. The position reports to Head of Group Tax and will be part of the Group Tax team at NKT Holding´s Headquarter. Our office is currently located in Brøndby, Denmark.
- Develop compliance program to provide assurance that VAT and other indirect taxes are accurately accounted for and reported in relation to business activities
- Identify issues and opportunities to continuously improve the indirect tax compliance processes
- Ensure that business activities are performed in an indirect tax compliant manner and business changes are recognized correctly for compliant indirect taxes reporting
- Collaborate with local tax authorities and agents in respect of indirect tax registrations and provide assurance of compliance in indirect tax treatment of transactions
- Liaise with the finance frontline organization to understand operational changes and to ensure correct indirect tax reporting. Actively participate in VAT audits
- Follow up on legislative changes and business changes in order to ensure that the systems and/or processes are updated
- Facilitate and/or perform training activities as required in relation to VAT and other indirect taxes
- Support creation of necessary policies on indirect taxes
- Team lead for the team responsible for tax compliance filings within SSC
- Build a strong network and working relationship within shared services organization, local entities, Group functions and relevant external partners such as external auditors
- Handle questions and ad hoc task from Group Tax, SSC and local entities
Skills and competencies:
- 3-5 years of VAT experience from an accounting firm or from an in-house tax department
- Strong technical accounting/audit/financial compliance background with indepth knowledge of VAT and other indirect taxes, as well as of overall accounting and auditing processes, should be able to perform independently with little guidance.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and particularly in MS Excel.
- Fluent in English.
- International experience preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP or similar ERP system preferred.
- Shared Service Centre experience is considered as an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
- International mind-set and must be able to travel
- Strong communicator
- Team player and have ability to work independently.
- Ability to build and establish a good working relationship with colleagues.
- M.Sc. in Accounting/Auditing, Finance, Business administration or similar.
Starting from 3500 euro/gross